57th Annual Grammys Awards red carpet review

Here are some of the highlights from last night’s Grammys red carpet. Check out some of my favorites and a few head scratching looks that made an appearance.


My Favorites of the Night

Rapper Nicki Minaj in Tom Ford- How great does she look here? She has her shares of winners when it comes to fashion lately.



Singer Taylor Swift in Elie Saab- I know the reaction was mixed,but I really liked this on her especially the shade of blue & ombre.

Actress Anna Kendrick in Band of Outsiders- I really liking this pantsuit on her.  It wasn't fussy,but still stylish.



Singer Jhené Aiko in Alberta Ferretti- Some called this dress "boring" ,but personally I enjoyed it especially the color. 



Singer Megan Trainor in Galia Lahav- This was a very flattering gown on her.  The specifically placed designs really added  to it.

Music group Haim (Este Haim, Danielle Haim, and Alana Haim) in  Chloe and  Stella McCartney- The sister musical trio really shined on the red carpet. Each had their own sense of style,but it still flowed together.

Beyoncé in custom Proenza Schouler I really this flowly hair on her. What really won over in this dress is the design and how it was sexy ,yet still classy.

Disney Star & Singer  Zendaya in Vivienne Westwood- This is grown up  look done right.  She didn't do too much. Also, I am loving this hairstyle on her. She switched it up and it worked.

Singer Jessie J in Ralph & Russo- Another lady who chose to rocked the black dress. I actually don't even mind the sheer overlay which is not the usual response from me.

Non Favorites

Kelly Osbourne in Christian Siriano- This was not one of my favorite looks for her. I can't quite pinpoint what bugs me about the dress.
Singer and Actress Kat Graham-Usually I am a fan of fashion choices ,but I really didn't like this one.


Singer Aoyoma Thelma- I am not familiar with her & not really sold on her choice of outfit.  

Singer Bonnie McKee in  Chagoury Couture- It wasn't so much her dress as it was the blonde hair paired with it. It really takes away from it which is a shame because this shade of plum is gorgeous. 

Ariana Grande in Atelier Versace- The one thing that keep me from putting this dress in my favorite category is the placement of the silver material. It just seems weird to me. 

Singer Charlie XCX in Jeremy Scott for Moschino- I would have liked this so much more sans fur.

Singer Madonna in Givenchy- I know Madge has always traveled in her own lane. However, this  particular look dare I say was a little too much. 

BlueSuits
  Blue suits were definitely a high demand look for the guys. You can see a few example here with Singer Tom Jones (left) Rapper & Grammy Host LL COOL J (middle) in Giorgio Armani and Singer Aloe Blacc (right) in Sand Copenhagen


   Black
Black was also a popular color on the red carpet as seen here. It was worn in so many different styles from patterns to sheer.

All images/ information appear courtesy of Elle.com,Vogue.com and Yahoo!Style. All opinions expressed on this blog are my own. My Own Sense of Fashion ©

You Might Also Like

0 comments