On the Road to becoming the Face: An interview with Reveè Lamar winner of 2015 Face of FFFWeek©

In February, I was able to interview Gwen DeVoe Founder and CEO of FFFWeek © (click hereand give you the readers a glimpse of what’s to come for this year’s stunning event.  Now I am giving you a further insider’s look.  Recently, I had to caught up with Reveè Lamar the winner 2015 Face of FFFWeek © competition.  During our interview we chatted about her journey to being declared the winner and how she feels about the current state of plus size fashion. 

Image credit:Reveè Lamar


1. For the readers can you tell us a little more about yourself?
Reveè Lamar:I am an independent and determined individual who believes anything worth having is worth working for. I am the mother of two amazing young ladies, and a college graduate of Florida State University (Bachelor of Science) and the University of Phoenix (MBA). I have been in the industry for about 2 years now, and I am honored and excited to be the Face of FFFW 2015. On a lighter note, I enjoy going on movie dates with my daughters, hanging out with family & friends , and shopping. I am very outgoing and absolutely love the skin that I'm in.

2. Congratulations on winning this year‘s competition.  How has the experience been so far?
Reveè Lamar: Thank you! This experience has been unbelievable! I am still floating on cloud 9! This is an opportunity of a lifetime and I will not take it lightly. I have had so much love and support from supporters of FFFWeek© and it has been absolutely mind blowing! I am definitely looking forward to hosting the red carpet and interviewing the movers and shakers within the industry in June.

3. Is this your first time entering the competition or did you enter in previous years?  How does this experience differ?

Reveè Lamar: This is actually my second time entering for the Face of FFFWeek©
 . I submitted last year and obviously didn't win lol; however, I did not let that discourage me. The difference between this year’s submission and last year's submission is my growth as a model. I have been more committed than ever to my brand and I kicked my determination to succeed into overdrive! The video submission this year was Reveè Lamar -- transparent, real and up close and personal.

4. Speaking on your journey as a plus size model what is your perspective on the changes in the industry? Where would you like to see it go?
      Reveè Lamar : I feel as if this industry has come a long way from the previous caveman age, lol.  I believe different brands and retail stores that did not originally design or carry plus sizes are realizing the amount of revenue the plus size industry brings in yearly and now want to capitalize on that. Full Figured Fashion Week has forced the fashion industry to open their eyes and realize the plus industry is a force to be reckoned with! This is only the beginning! I would love to see the day that plus size models are gracing the covers of fitness magazines with a 2-3 page spread! Then the world will know that not only success but also 'being fit' comes in ALL sizes. 

5. What advice would like to give an aspiring plus size model?
Reveè Lamar: I would tell an aspiring plus size model to look in the mirror and ask herself these questions:
•Is this what I really want to do?
•Am I determined to make it in this industry?...( because this is an industry where you can hear 1,000 "No's" before you hear 1 "Yes")
•Do I have enough time to dedicate to this craft?
… and if she can answer every question with a definite "yes" then hit the ground running and never look back.

6. Lastly, where can you be found online (Facebook, Instagram & etc)?
Reveè Lamar: •Instagram - @ReveeLamar
•FB – Revee Lamar
•Twitter - @ReveeLamar

Be sure to check Reveè on the following social media platforms and this year's Full Figured Fashion Week ©
Thanks again to Reveè Lamar for taking time out of her busy schedule for this interview.  All images appear courtesy of Reveè Lamar. My Own Sense of Fashion.

You Might Also Like

0 comments