Sketching Fashion -An Interview with Jade Box

              For our latest interview, I had a chance to talk with fashion illustrator Jade Box. She is a recent high school graduate heading to UCLA this fall.  We chatted about her drawing styles and much more.  Keeping reading below.
                                                          
 Image Credit: Jade Box

First, tell our readers a little about yourself?

My name is Jade Box and I am from Northern 

California. Just graduated and I am going to UCLA in the fall.

Your drawings are very diverse and vibrant.  How did you find your inspiration?

I try to draw all types of people and I look at my art 
all the time to see who is left out and draw them next.
                            
                                                  
 Image Credit: Jade Box
What is a common misconception that people might have about fashion illustrating?

A misconception that people have that I one day woke up with the power to draw and that I didn’t put years into it and to tell the truth I just recently got any good.

Besides fashion illustration what are other kinds of artwork do you do?

Other than fashion illustrators I do all types of art, if it is creative I do it.
 Image Credit: Jade Box


How would describe your drawing style to someone unfamiliar with your work?

I would describe my drawing style as everything but the kitchen sink.

Besides, you own work, who are some of your favorite fashion illustrators and why?
Some of my favorite fashion illustrators are Barbara Hulanick all of her drawings just have so much character in them, and Nuno DaCosta because of how simple and elegant her art is.
 Image Credit: Jade Box


Lastly, where can people find you online to contact you?
People can find me on Instagram where I go by jbaodxe and on Tumblr by the same name.

Special thanks to Jade Box & Good Luck on your career.  I am sure we will be hearing more from her in the future.

All images appear courtesy of Jade Box.  Do not copy or reproduced without the written permission of the artist.

Follow us on Facebook Instagram, and Twitter  to see what we have in store. Let us know what topic you would like next on the blog.


You Might Also Like

0 comments