Camera Ready with Christopher Kurk (Chris Kurk Photography)

 Here at My Own Sense of Fashion I have the opportunity to interview several people from different parts of fashion. This time around I caught up with Fashion Photographer Christopher Kurk. Keeping reading below for our interview.
Image Credit: Chris  Kurk Photography

First, can you tell the readers a little more about yourself and your business? How did you get started?
My name is Christopher Kurk and I am a photographer based in Bridgeport, CT. I love to travel and I am willing to depending on each and every client I work with. I got started with photography back as a sophomore in high school & at that time it was only black & white photography. I took it for my last 3 years in high school, but after that the rest is history. Photography has been a part of my life ever since. I went to college a few years after I graduated high school & enrolled myself in photography and received my Associates Degree.

Did you always have an interest in photography?   If so what would you say originally sparked your interest?

I didn’t always have an interest in photography, but back in high school I decided to give it a try & slowly started to fall in love with my passion for photography. What really sparked my interest was that my 1st year of being a freelance photographer or a professional photographer, however, you would like to word it but I was able to get these really beautiful photographs of models outdoors whether it was at the beach or the park depending what the concept was & after I retouched the photos and returned them back to the client they were blown away with how well my eye for photography really was, then my friends/family started to see that I really had an eye for it as well.
Image Credit: Chris  Kurk Photography

Do you work strictly accept clients in the Connecticut area?  Also, what are all of the photography services you provide?

Well, my clients aren’t really restricted to Connecticut. Depending who I network with whether its websites catered to the photography field or even through word of mouth by friends, mutual friends, etc. I go wherever the wind may take me. As of right now, I have worked with clients all around Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, & Miami. I am just networking more with anyone & everyone I work with regardless of where I am at whether it’s at my day job through coworkers, local singers/comedians, etc. My photography services vary depending on what you’re looking to do but I do Portraits, Fashion, Glamour, Swimwear, Lingerie, Weddings & Birthdays.
Image Credit: Chris  Kurk Photography
Name one dream location you would love to have a shoot and why?
The 1 dream location I would love to shoot at would be somewhere tropical because I really love the tropical weather, sandy beaches, etc.

Do you have an upcoming project that you would like to share?
Well my upcoming project is something that I have been a part of since of February 2016 which is a new project to me that I have never done before, but I have a strong relationship with everyone involved in the program I am working with a nonprofit program based out of New Haven, Connecticut that is called Kid Model Life which teaches the youth from ages 4 to 18 about the entertainment world of modeling from how to properly walk in a fashion show, get casting calls, how to pose on the runway as well as making up a modeling portfolio too. If you have any questions about it, I will be more than happy to them or put you in the right direction for more info about the program if your son/daughter, or even you depending on how old you are and want to get involved in it.

Lastly, where can people find you online (website and social media)?
You can reach me at:
Facebook: @chriskurkphotography (my fan page)
Facebook: Search Christopher Kurk (my profile page)
Snapchat: Chriskurkphotog

Special thanks again to Christopher Kurt be sure to find him and his work online.


All opinions expressed on the blog appear courtesy of Tamarah Brown for My Own Sense of Fashion © unless otherwise stated (i.e. interviews).  No use or reproduction may occur without the written consent of the author.

Follow us on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter  to see what we have in store. Let us know what topic you would like next on the blog.

You Might Also Like

0 comments