Second Time Fashion – Vintage Shopping Tips (Images)

Image Source: 7428

Vintage shopping is a great way to get to score an amazing fashion find without breaking the bank. I had my 1st vintage shopping experience during my undergrad days. For those who are new to vintage shopping allow me to share some of the tips I learned from my experience.

Do research

There are a lot of great vintage stores, but you should do some research.  This way you can narrow down what exactly you are looking for.   If you are looking for a specific item then you will know where you can find it.
Cardigan and Polo
Image Source: My Own Sense of Fashion



Have a budget in mind

You will be surprised how many potential great finds are out there. With keeping this in mind, make a budget of how much you intend to spend. It is easy to go overboard especially depending on where you go.
Blazer with Elbow Patches
Image Source: My Own Sense of Fashion


Scoop out the deals
You will be surprised what you can find during a shopping trip.  Keep your eye out while going through the racks. Who knows you just might find a gently used designer purse.

Shift Dress with Mandarin Collar
Image Source: My Own Sense of Fashion


Pass it along

If you buy an item that doesn’t work for you why not pass it along?  Give it to a stylish girlfriend or even sell it online.
These are some tips to help before you make your next shopping trip.   Have you ever been vintage shopping? How was your experience? Let us know by commenting below.



All opinions expressed on the blog appear courtesy of Tamarah Brown for My Own Sense of Fashion ©.  No use or reproduction may occur without the written consent of the author. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments