Model Behavior – An Interview with Male Model Khemanii Richie

     In an exclusive interview for My Own Sense of Fashion, I had to chance to speak with Bronx-based Male Model Khemanii Richie.   In a break from his busy schedule, we discussed Richie’s modeling journey & touched on his thoughts on the current state for models of color in the fashion industry.  Keep reading below to find what Richie had to say and also where you can find him online.

Image Credit: Adam Sherwin



1.       Can you tell the readers a little more about yourself?

Well, where can I start? My name is Khemanii I am a fun, loving, energetic male model. I was born & raised in The Bronx. I have been modeling for a very long time. I have been in countless commercials, background movies, and fashion shows. I take pride in modeling it is my passion it is my way of life and it will always be my first love.

2. How did you get your start as a model? How was your first experience?

I first got my start in modeling by being scouted. I was scouted by Carmen Linares of One Source Talent in New York. She spotted me walk with my mother at the age of 6, gave my mother her card and I didn't call Carmen until I was 16 years old. Carmen gave me my first job the day I walked into her office. I booked the role as a model in the Gap Christmas commercial, and since then life is going up. 
                                                                           
Image Credit: Zeko NYC




3. In addition to being a model, you are an entrepreneur.  Can you tell us more about that and how it ties to your modeling career?

I am definitely trying to take on the role of entrepreneur/entrepreneurship. I don't want to be known just as a model I also want to be known as a trailblazer. I want to design women's shoes, I don't know how to design myself but I have tons of ideas that I want someone to bring to life for me. 

4. Switching gears a bit. Although there has been some progress it is a still a problem in the industry when it comes to casting models of color for runway shows. What are your thoughts?

It is a huge problem that black models aren't cast in the grandest stage of them all "New York Fashion Week" I attend NYFW every year and I've only seen about 2 or 3 models the entire season. I want to be that model of color who says "BLACK MODELS MATTER" and break down walls and barriers. I know for sure I'm not the only model of color who feels this way. 

Image Credit: Zeko NYC





5. Name one designer you would love to model for and why?

I would love to model for Oscar De La Renta men's line. His line screams my name. I can definitely see myself in a custom Khemanii made suit. That would definitely be a dream come true. Patiently waiting. 

6. Lastly, where can people find you online?

I can definitely be found on all platforms. Here are my handles. Thank you so much 😆

Facebook.com/Modelmaniac88
Instagram.com/iamkhemaniirichie 
Snapchat/Khemanii1
Twitter.com/richie_runway 



All opinions expressed on the blog appear courtesy of Tamarah Brown for My Own Sense of Fashion © unless otherwise stated (i.e. interviews).  No use or reproduction may occur without the written consent of the author. 

Special thanks again to Khemanii Richie for the interview. Be sure to find him online and a runway near you. 
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what we have in store. Let us know what topic you would like next on the blog.




You Might Also Like

0 comments